Wednesday, October 6, 2010

41 Years Too Late!



It took me 41 years but I finally made it to Woodstock!!!  Yes, that's right...THE Woodstock from 1969!  The biggest music festival ever and I missed it!  I was in California, clear across the country.

We visited the Catskills yesterday and like the past few days it was raining.  We didn't venture out into the forest so didn't capture any good pictures of the area.  I was able to get of this picture of the  low hanging clouds out the window.  It's a very pretty area and although the peaks aren't much over 4,000 feet they seemed really steep.  



The campground where we stayed had 76 campsites and we were the only ones in the whole campground.  Everyone quits camping after Labor Day.



Like I said we did venture just down the road to Woodstock.  It is a very small village with little boutiques, eateries and 'hippie' shops.  



When we went into this one it was like de ja vu, the smell of incense, the psychedelic posters, peace signs and tie-dye.  I told Gene it was like going into the shops in San Francisco, where I was at that time, all over again. We had a good laugh about the salesclerk that greeted us...she wasn't even born when this event occurred!


Just before we headed back to the campground I was able to get Janis Joplin to stop worrying about Bobby McGee long enough to get my picture with her!

October 6, 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment