Saturday, September 18, 2010

"Both Sides Now"



I checked something off my “bucket list” yesterday. I have always wanted to ride the Maid of the Mist at Niagara Falls. In 1985 we visited the Falls on the Canadian side as a family with the three boys and Grandma Courtney and the plan was to ride the Maid of the Mist. We talked about it all along the trip. When we got there however, Grandma Courtney decided she didn't really want to go and Ed was pretty hesitant too, so the decision was made to skip the ride and I have grumbled about it ever since. ;)




Yesterday we visited the Falls from the American side and like Joni Mitchell's song, I can now say I've seen “Both Sides Now”! After 25 years of grumbling about my missed opportunity I rode the Maid of the Mist! It was all I thought it would be....WET, LOUD and EXHILIRATING!!


September, 17, 2010





1 comment: